Enrolment is the process of making you a fully-fledged NKC student. Below are the steps that we will take to enrol you when you come in at the end of August:
1.Meet your tutor and other students. We will ensure that post GCSEs, you will be entered into the correct level given your results. You can ask any questions and be given your lesson timetable
2. Complete enrolment forms and get information on term dates
3.Your enrolment information will be added to our student database
4.Pay your fees. If there are fees attached to your course you will need to pay these. If you require financial assistance with your payments you will need to have completed a Student Financial Support form prior to enrolment. – Find out more about eligibility here.
5.You'll have your photo taken for your new College ID card once you've had your form stamped. Your ID card will allow you access to the Dartford Campus turnstiles, learning technology facilities and printing facilities. It is also a form of identification whilst you are with us.
6.You'll then officially be a student at the College! Next step is the first day of term, congratulations and welcome you are officially now a North Kent College student!
What Do I Need To Bring To Enrolment?
In order to complete your enrolment you will need to have the following with you:
• 2017-18 College ID card OR Identification such as Passport, Driving Licence or Birth Certificate
• Payment for material fees in full
• National Insurance Number
• Completed Learner Support Fund/Bursary application form if applicable with supporting income evidence (available here)
• Relevant Certificates of qualifications already attained
Students aged 16-18
•GCSE exam results slips with grades and point scores
•If you have applied and been awarded financial support please bring your award letter with you.
Students aged 19 or over
If you are paying and your fees are over £300 and your course is longer than 12 weeks:
• At least 25% deposit for course fees (if applicable)
• Bank Account Details if not paying in full
If your company is paying
•Completed Company Sponsor Form (available for download here)
If you are applying for fee remission on eligible courses only
• Up to date proof of being in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance in the Work Related Activity Group (WRAG) (Up to date proof is defined as a letter from the benefits agency dated no more than 3 months prior to the course commencement)
If you are 19 and over studying for a Level 3 or above eligible course or HE Course
•Confirmation letter from Student Loans Council if they are providing an Advanced Learning Loan/HE student Loan
Please note if you do not bring your payment, ID and (if applicable) evidence of benefits, you will not be able to complete your enrolment and you may lose your place.
Induction Week will be the first week you’re officially at college and aims to help you to settle in before you get stuck into your course. Induction Week includes:
•Receiving your official timetable (if not already received at enrolment) Getting your Student Handbook (which covers everything you need to know about NKC)
•Tour of the College
•Introduction to the Learning Technology Centre and careers team
•Introduction to the Students’ Union and class reps
•Introduction to Moodle and online resources