What is the Student Ambassador Scheme?
The Student Ambassador Scheme is for students who share a passion for college and feel able to share their knowledge.
The mission for Ambassadors is to promote college in a responsible, positive and professional manner to prospective and current students as well as college staff and the local community.
Volunteering duties could include:
• Help to raise awareness of College opportunities and be a role model for student life in general
• To assist with College events such as Open events/taster days as run by the Marketing team
• To assist with departmental/course specific events
• To lead campus tours for potential students and visitors
• Welcoming and directing potential students and visitors around campus
• Being photographed/filmed for College material
• To discuss and share experiences of their own time at college; accurately and positively inform students of all aspects of college life
• To work in a team with other student ambassadors
Do I qualify?
Anyone and everyone can be a Student Ambassador! Whether you have just joined the College, or are coming to the end of the studies, we want to reward you for your dedication to North Kent College. Gain volunteering experience, build confidence, show your passion for the college, and earn prizes at the same time. You could volunteer frequently, or just once a year, but by being an official Ambassador you will get rewarded for your help and support.
Points Make Prizes
Points are awarded for each activity and event attended, which are then turned into prizes. Notify us when you have helped out at an event/activity by using the points submission form
(through MyDay or the College website), and work your way through the points table to receive prizes at the end of every term. With prizes ranging from bags and bottles to power banks and tablets, it really is worth volunteering and gaining experience! Ambassador pins are also presented when you hit certain points levels, meaning you could end up leaving a Gold Ambassador!
Ambassador pin – 0-100 points
Bronze Ambassador Pin & Certificate – 101-250 points
Silver Ambassador Pin & Certificate – 251-450 points
Gold Ambassador Pin & Certificate – 451+ points
How to apply
You can apply online here.
For more information you can speak to the Student Engagement Officers at either Campus.
Gravesend: Trevor 01322 629708 (Located within Student Services)
Dartford: Lorna 01322 629505 (Located within the Student Zone)