2079 F-Gas Refrigeration Practice Part 2 (Unit 102)
City and Guilds 2079 F-Gas Regulations (Category I)
All engineers required to handle HFC refrigerants must now hold this new European F-Gas qualification
This 4½ day course is designed for a group of engineers who may not necessarily be experienced in refrigeration practices but may be called upon to attempt service or repair of equipment in the event of breakdown. EU legislation now makes it necessary that all refrigeration/air-conditioning service or repair work is only performed by “certified persons”. This programme covers practical “hands-on” training in all of the competencies required for successful certification to City & Guilds 2079 F-Gas Unit 102 Refrigeration Practices.
- Brazing and flaring of joints in pipe-work, for installation into a system.
- Strength testing of brazed pipe-work.
- Tightness testing of system.
- Evacuation of system.
- Charge a zeotropic blend into a system.
- Determine charge weight sufficient by readings.
- “Indirect” leak checking from readings taken.
- “Direct” leak checking using electronic leak detector.
- Recovery of refrigerant from the system.
- Drain and correct disposal of oil from a system compressor.
- Completion of all waste transfer notes, certificates and records required throughout all operations.
Successful completion will involve the candidate undertaking a Centre Observation of Practical Competence with final feedback as to result.
It is strongly advised that the attending candidates already hold Unit 101 Knowledge in F Gas and ODS Regulations before attending this training programme
The Hall Training Centre reserves the right to cancel a course in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Whilst this necessity is regretted we will endeavour to give as much notice as possible, and in all cases the student will have the option of transferring to another course at a later date.
Cancellations made by students or their sponsors, must be received by letter, fax or E-mail and will be charged as appropriate at the following rates:-
Within 10 working days of the start date: 25% of the course fee
Within 2 working days of the start date: 50% of the course fee
On the start date, or non-attendance: 100% of the course fee
Cancellation fees will be credited against an invoice if the student completes the course at a later date within the same financial year. Private students will, if applicable, be refunded in accordance with the above policy.
« All short courses