Creative Media (Games)
Aims and objectives of this qualification.
This qualification aims to:
• develop further technical skills and knowledge in games
• develop learners’ collaborative working and entrepreneurial awareness.
The objective of this qualification is to help learners progress onto a Level 3 qualification in Creative Media or other related qualifications, with a view to progressing into higher education or employment.
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent learning and problem solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
• an appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress
• appropriate interpersonal skills
• communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors
• supporting other aspiring employees
• Personal manners and deportment
• understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation
What qualification will I gain?
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Creative Media (Games)
At least 3 GCSE at grade D/3 including English & Maths
What progression options will I have?
Learners who achieve this qualifications could progress to:
Level 3 Diploma and Extended Diploma in Creative Media
What costs are involved?
16-18 - free
19+ Advanced Learning Loan - £TBA
Exam and Registration Fees (payable by all aged 19 and over): £70
Other Costs (payable by all students): £50 Material Fee
This course may also attract additional costs, for example, kit, uniform or books, that all students will be required to pay. Please contact the College for further details.
How will I be assessed?
Internal assessments through assignments.
Each candidate is required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of 100% of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit.