Creative Media (Motion Graphics & Animation) - Higher National Certificate
This programme will develop your creative and technical skills using industry standard software professionally used in the creation of 2D, 3D and motion graphics animation following the Motion Graphics pathway with elements of visual effects.
You will benefit from being able to apply your new skills and training with work involving live projects and corporate clients supported by regular guidance from industry professionals.
This course is specifically designed for the creative who has previously studied motion graphics and animation and those who would like to add this specialised area of work to their portfolio to enable them to progress to a higher level of study or enter a career in the creative media industry
Aims of programme
• To provide you with knowledge of production skills within both the Motion Graphic and Animation industries
• To enable you to develop practical skills in media production across both the Motion Graphic and Animation.
• To focus on the knowledge, skills and understanding required to support learning in a range of vocational settings
• To enable you opportunities to work within the creative media industry, applying the knowledge learnt within the programme, and demonstrating an ability to analyse and evaluate your work-based performance
• To enable you to develop the necessary professional and reflective skills through a variety of stimulating and varied learning environments that can be built on throughout your professional life
• To enhance self-reflection, critical thinking skills and independent learning
• To develop the personal, employability, critical and transferable skills to work effectively across the creative media industry
The Higher National Certificate in Creative Media Production (Motion Graphics & animation) provides you with the required practical and theoretical knowledge
to work in the Motion Graphics and Animation industry.
Students under 21:
48 UCAS points, of which no more than 6 points should come from AS levels.
We also accept equivalent qualifications, including:
. BTEC/National Diploma
. International Baccalaureate
. Advanced & Progression Diplomas
. Access courses
Plus: GCSE English language & Maths with
a minimum of grade 4 (C) or recognised equivalent are required
Students over 21:
If you do not have the above UCAS
for GCSE requirements but have appropriate experience, specific knowledge or industry-based qualifications, your application will be welcomed & still considered.
Progression / Careers
On successful completion of the HNC you can progress to HND or a degree course
Modes of assessment
A range of assessment methods will be used to encourage and develop your skills during the course. These include but are not exclusively include the following; Peer review, taught/directed study, formal written assessment, workshop/practical observation, self-directed independent study, assessment of specific skills (for example software skills, production skills, research skills and skills of application).
This information may be subject to change without prior notice.
Timetables are normally available one week before registration. Please note that while we make every effort to ensure that timetables are as student-friendly as possible, scheduled teaching can take place on any day of the week.