Our vision is for our students to be the first choice for employers.
An industry placement is one of the best ways for you to achieve this and be career-ready at the end of your course.
During your study programme at Level 2 or 3, you’ll get the chance to work with some successful local SMEs, prestigious organisations in London or some innovative start-ups, all relevant to the qualification you’re studying.
You’ll be expected to complete an industry placement of approximately 50 days over the year, either 1 or 2 days a week whilst you are not timetabled to be at College.
The placement forms an integral part of the study programme because they are with employers that are highly relevant to your studies and appropriate to your end qualification. They deliver real opportunities for you to apply what you are learning at College, into a work setting and some lead to permanent job or apprenticeship offers at the end of the course.
You’ll also receive careers advice, help with writing CVs and application forms and interview techniques. You’ll attend three Pre-Employment Training sessions (PET) with experts from the Bluewater Learning Shop to make sure you know what to expect in the workplace and what will be expected of you!
Placements are available to 16-18 year olds (or SEND student sup to 24 yrs) on level 2 or 3 courses, they are highly sought after and a selection process is in place to find placements that best fit both the students and the employers.
The selection process includes interviews with employers and 1-2-1 tutorials to set and monitor aims and objectives of the placement.
You can find your own placement, which can be with a company you may wish to work for, or with friends or family, as long as it is relevant to your study programme, or College staff can assist in finding the placements. Staff will visit students in the workplace to monitor progress and make sure you are gaining the skills required for your future career.
The benefits of an industry placement:
- You will be working in the industry of your choice, giving you a better chance of employment after you graduate
- You will be able to apply the learning from your classroom, into a real business environment
- You will be working with and learning from employees within your chosen industry
- You will be working for a company who may be looking to recruit in the future and who will remember you
- You can find your own placement in a company you want to work for – this means you get to make a great first impression with a potential employer
- Having a placement on your CV shows you are committed to the industry and willing to work hard – this puts you ahead of other applicants when it comes to applying for jobs
- An industry placement will enhance your UCAS application if you are progressing to University
By applying for our Level 2 or 3 courses, you’ll have the opportunity to take part in a placement towards the end of your first year with us or from September of your second year.
For more information speak to our Business Development team in the LTCs on campus, on 01322 629758 or email email@example.com