Frequently Asked Questions

What happens once I confirm my offer with UCAS? 

If it's an unconditional offer - the place is yours! So we will be expecting to see you in September.  If it's conditional - the place is yours if you meet the entry requirements stipulated in the offer. Just in case you don't meet the entry requirements, you can pick a second offer as a backup – your insurance acceptance.   If you are just below the required grades, you may still be able to gain a place on your first choice programme, so please contact us if that is the case.   

How do I let the College know my grades?

We get sent most grades from UCAS, however, if you wish to check that we have them, or send them to us anyway; you can do this by emailing us.  

When will the college let me know about enrolment?

We will write to you in August with details of your enrolment with NKC.  

Will I receive a graduation ceremony? 

Yes you will. The College offers a Higher Education graduation ceremony in July, where we celebrate your successes. 

Can I apply via UCAS Clearing?

Yes, visit UCAS Clearing from when it opens in June and apply for the course of your choice. After A Level results, this is the best way to apply, but call our Clearing hotline on 01322 629580.

What do I need to bring in when I enrol? 

  • Proof of identity - a valid passport, EU identity card or British birth certificate 
  • Original education qualifications/certificates  
  • Student Finance confirmation

I have applied for my student loan, but it has not come through?  

Don’t worry! Bring in any paperwork you have received from the Student Loan Company to enrolment.  Please note; you may not be able to fully register without financial confirmation of your loan. 

My grades are not what I expected? 

Don’t worry, let us know and maybe we can still help you by offering an alternative programme. If you just miss out, we may be able to accept you, email us at

I think I might have a learning difficulty that might affect my study?  

Disabled Students' Allowance (DSAs) are grants to help students with the extra course cost they might face as a result of a disability, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty like dyslexia.  

If you wish to apply for DSA, please follow the steps below:

  • Complete a DSA application form
  • If you are eligible for DSA you will need to arrange needs assessment for find out exactly what support/equipment you will need. Find your nearest approved assessment centre.
  • If you are successful in your application for DSA, you will be given instructions for ordering equipment or arranging support.  This will be as a result of the needs assessment. 
  • Order your computer software and arrange support at the college by emailing us the support notification.
  • Start your course with your DSA support in place.

I already have a recent needs assessment form?

Make sure you submit your DSA application as early as possible, as we cannot put any arrangements in place for you without documentary evidence of your specific learning difficulty. 

Who can I contact?

Admissions: Sharon Juty 01322 629580

I am not a UK resident; can I study at North Kent College?

The College does not possess a UK Border Agency Tier 4 licence, and unfortunately we are unable to accept applications from overseas students.