Beauty (Theatrical, Special Effects & Media Make-up Artistry)
The Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects and Media Make-up Artistry provides you with specialist practical skills and knowledge which will equip you to seek employment or progression within the theatrical and media make-up industry.
This qualification is aimed at you if you are looking to work in the theatrical and media make-up industry.
Cutting and styling techniques for performers
• Avant-Garde hair and make-up
• Creative make-up design for productions and industry demands
• Apply prosthetic pieces and bald caps
• Special effects make-up
• Create, dress and fit facial postiche
• Body art for competition
• Create, cast small prosthetic pieces and bald caps
• Wig dressing, fitting and maintenance
What qualification will I gain?
City and Guilds Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects and Media Make-up Artistry.
A Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-up is the recommended entry requirement.
What progression options will I have?
Opportunities include progress into employment or onto a Level 4 qualification in Advanced Techniques or Management, such as:
Level 4 Diploma in Management Practice and Advanced Techniques in the Hair and Beauty Sector - Theatrical and Media Make-up.
Alternatively an additional opportunity could be progress into Higher Education and go on to study subjects such as Theatrical and Media studies, Fashion and Photographic Degree or an Art Degree at University.
What costs are involved?
16-18 - free
19+ Advanced Learning Loan - £3300
Exam and Registration Fees (payable by all aged 19 and over): £100
Other Costs (payable by all students): £60 Material fee contribution and £40 Trip
This course may also attract additional costs, for example, kit, uniform or books, that all students will be required to pay. Please contact the College for further details.
How will I be assessed?
To gain this qualification, candidates must successfully achieve the following assessments:
• one externally set, externally moderated assignment
• one externally set, externally marked exam, sat under examination conditions
• one portfolio of creative work
• Optional unit assessments as required.