skills hub kent and medway
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
How will my business benefit?
How do I employ an apprentice?
What are apprenticeships?
The apprenticeship levy & reforms
How much does an apprentice cost?
How do apprenticeships work?
Apprenticeship training programmes
Benefits to employers
Benefits to employers:
Improve your bottom line
Apprenticeships deliver real returns to your bottom line, with apprentices helping you to improve productivity and be more competitive in the marketplace. Training apprentices is usually more cost effective than hiring skilled staff, leading to lower overall training and recruitment costs for your organisation.
Training existing staff through apprenticeships can be more cost effective than short, expensive training courses.
Fill your skills gaps
Apprenticeships deliver skills designed around your business needs, providing the skilled workers you need for the future. They also help you to develop the specialist skills you need, to keep pace with the latest technology and working practices in your sector.
Apprenticeships can assist your business with succession planning and filling gaps which may become apparent in an ageing workforce.
Motivate your workforce
Apprentices tend to be eager, motivated, flexible and loyal to the organisation that invested in them. Remember, an Apprentice is with you because they want to be – they have made an active choice to learn on the job and a commitment to a specific career.
As apprenticeships usually take about 2 years to complete, they could assist in reducing staff turnover.
Flexible training programmes
We can offer you flexible training programmes that meet your business requirements, which are more than just the traditional trades. Just tell us what you need and we will do our best to accommodate your organisation, with the perfect training plan for your apprentice.
Larger employers who take on an Apprentice, only pay their salary. Your Apprenticeship Levy (0.5% of your payroll) will pay for their training course costs.
If you don't pay the Levy and take on a 16-18 year old, their training costs are FREE - the Government pays this. If they are over 19 years old, you only pay 10% of the cost and the Government picks up the other 90%.
Over 80% of those employers who employ Apprentices agree they make their workplace more productive.
81% of consumers favour using a company that takes on Apprentices.
There are more than 250 different types of Apprenticeships available, offering over 1,400 job roles.
92% of employers who employ Apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce.
83% of employers who employ Apprentices, rely on their Apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future.
One in five employers are hiring more Apprentices to help them through the tough economic climate.
Over 100,000 organisations use apprenticeships to attract new talent and re-skill existing staff.
There is a National Minimum Wage for Apprentices of £3.50 per hour. However, many employers prefer to pay more and research shows that the average salary is approximately £170 per week (from April 2017).
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
CALL 01322 629490
Apprenticeship Guide for Employers
Government Employment Guide to Apprenticeships
Working with NKC Brochure
Government Employer Guide to Apprenticeships
pprenticeship Safeguarding & Prevent for Employers