Beauty - Make-up Artistry
The Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Media Make-up Artistry qualification covers a very wide range of skills and knowledge required for working in the media make-up industry.
• Working in the film, TV and theatre industry
• Create historical hair and make up looks
• Media make up creative hair design
• Fashion and photographic make-up
• The creation and presentation of a look book and industry portfolio
• Apply body art
• Camouflage make up
• Cutting and styling techniques for performers
• Avant-guard hair and make up
• The evolution of cosmetics and retail
• Specialist bridal hair and make-up
• Media make-up blogging
This qualification could lead to a job as a:
• Photographic makeup artist
• Editorial makeup artist
• TV makeup artist
• Video makeup artist
• Freelance make up artist
• Specialist bridal makeup artist
What qualification will I gain?
City and Guilds Advanced Technical Diploma in Media Make-up Artistry
Successful achievement of the department’s interview process.
You will need a Level 2 Qualification in Beauty Therapy/ Level 2 Diploma in hair & Media make -up. You must also produce a positive report and attendance records. You must also pass the Level 3 entrance test based on anatomy and physiology.
What progression options will I have?
You can progress into Higher Education and go on to study subjects such as : Theatrical and Media studies, a Fashion and Photographic Degree or an Art Degree
What costs are involved?
16-18 - free
19+ Advanced Learning Loan -£3300
Exam and Registration Fees (payable by all aged 19 and over): £100
Other Costs (payable by all students): £60 Material fee contribution and £40 Trip
This course may also attract additional costs, for example, kit, uniform or books, that all students will be required to pay. Please contact the College for further details.
How will I be assessed?
To gain this qualification, candidates must successfully achieve the following assessments: x one externally set, externally moderated assignment x one externally set, externally marked test, sat under examination conditions x one portfolio of creative work x optional unit assessments as required.