International Travel & Tourism Management - Higher National Certificate
This course covers a variety of subjects within the Travel and Tourism sector. The aim of the course is to provide students with a more in-depth knowledge of the Travel industry, allowing you to gain employment within entry level managerial positions in the industry.
It is a stimulating and challenging programme of study that will be both engaging and memorable for students, whilst gaining the essential subject knowledge that students need to progress successfully into further study or the world of work.
Students undertake a substantial core of learning in the Higher National Certificate and can build on this in the Higher National Diploma, with optional units linked to their specialist area of study.
Assessments consider cognitive skills (what students know) along with affective and applied skills (respectively how they behave and what they can do), offering a varied approach to assessment that supports progression to Level 5.
Quality Assurance measures within the qualification means learners can feel confident in the integrity and value of the qualifications as content is closely aligned with Professional Body, employer and higher education needs
Aims of programme
• To develop a wider knowledge of the travel and tourism industry
• To prepare you for work within the travel industry through personal and professional development
• For you to gain work experience within the travel sector to help you prepare for work and to gain valuable contacts within the industry
• To develop your analytical and research skills to help further your studies at a university to gain a degree
• To help start to develop your managerial skills to gain entry level managerial positions within the industry.
1. The Contemporary Travel and Tourism Industry
2. Managing The Customer Experience
3. Professional Identity and Practice
4. The Travel and Tourism Business Toolkit
5. Leadership and Management for Service Industries
7. Managing Conferences and Events
8. Visitor Attractions
18. Entrepreneurship and Small Business
48 UCAS points in a relevant Level 3 qualification or an Access to Higher Education certificate received from an approved further education institute.
GCSE Grade A* - C or grade 4 or above in Mathematics and English.
Mature student requirements (students >21 years old):
If you don’t have the UCAS point requirements, but have appropriate experience, specific knowledge or industry-based qualifications, then your application is welcomed
? Related work experience
? An international equivalent of the above.
Progression / Careers
The Level 5 Higher National Diploma is recognised by Higher Education providers as meeting admission requirements to many relevant travel and tourism related courses, for example:
? BA (Hons) in International Travel and Tourism ? BA (Hons) in Aviation Management
? BA (Hons) in Tourism Management
? BA (Hons) in Museum and Heritage Studies
Modes of assessment
A range of assessment methods will be used to encourage and develop your skills during the course. These include but are not exclusively include the following; Peer review, taught and directed study, formal written assessment, practical observation, self-directed independent study, assessment of specific skills.