Message from our Principal
Join the best - you deserve it.
Explore our website and see why our Ofsted inspection in November 2017 rated us as ‘Good’ at Grade 2. Year after year, we’re the most popular destination for young people aged 16 and above in Dartford, Gravesham and Bexley.
Published success rates for 2018-19 again show North Kent College has the best success rates for 16-18 year old students for General Further Education Colleges in Kent and South East London. We've also achieved a ranking of TOP 5 % NATIONALLY for student achievement rates for our Level 3 provision which is really something we are proud of.
We’ve invested £90million in new facilities at our Dartford and Gravesend Campuses and we felt it was time to reflect the high industry-standard learning accommodation we now have, with a new modern brand and name change, reflecting our wide catchment area across the whole of the North Kent and South East London Thames corridor.
We are anticipating that the number of young people in our catchment area will increase further as Ebbsfleet Garden City grows. It’s important to recognise therefore that North Kent will become a significant location in the region and that we are the key FE College to cater for the educational needs of this growing community.
Just to give you some idea of what we’ve created:-
- The Miskin Theatre with its purpose built auditoriums, state of the art sound and recording studios and dance studios; not to mention the extensive media facilities and art and design areas
- The Österberg Sports Centre at Dartford providing one of the largest indoor sports facilities for any FE College, complementing our own swimming pool at Gravesend, as well as extensive outdoor pitches
- Salon-standard Miskin Spa, make up and beauty therapy facilities offer industry-standard training at Dartford
- The new Lee Stafford Academy hair salons at Gravesend and Dartford bring the most modern and contemporary hair and barbering training techniques to our students and apprentices and are the only ones in Kent and South East London
- Innovative teaching spaces for health and child care courses on both campuses
- High quality Business and Computing suites to support our long established Business, Microsoft and CISCO Academies
- The Gallery Restaurant at Gravesend open to the public, allowing students to train in a ‘real life’ environment
We’re really proud of our Ofsted report and with our students achieving fantastic academic successes and progression over the last few years, the timing is right for us to celebrate our impact with a new name and brand
Easy to reach
Our free Shuttle Bus service runs from Dartford Station helping make us more accessible than ever and Dartford station is now within the Oyster Card area (zone 8).
Our Bright Beginnings Nurseries at both Dartford and Gravesend, help make those lifestyle challenges easier for you.
With extensive free car parking at both sites, coming to College has never been easier and more affordable.
More than just a Further Education College
As well as offering great vocational training in a whole range of areas, we are also very successful in a number of specialist fields that help make us stand out from the crowd.
The Learning Shop at Bluewater is a pioneering project that has been running for over 14 years that offers training, apprenticeships and job placements in partnership with Bluewater, Lendlease and the Job Centre Plus.
The National Maritime Training Centre at Thameside offers both national and international training for a whole range of nautical courses.
The Higher Education offer - a real alternative to students wishing to complete an undergraduate Higher Education programme at a fraction of the cost of university.
Having world class facilities is fantastic, but the aspect that we always receive great feedback on is our supportive and highly skilled staff. Industry practitioners, including award winners in their own right, can be found in every area of the College ensuring that when you leave college you will have been prepared to enter work or progress on to further study and higher education, confident that you are ready and qualified to move on.
It’s not just about the teaching though as our Student Services team are also on hand to make sure that your experience at college is as rounded as it can be, providing fun opportunities outside the classroom, as well as great independent support and guidance.
But, I’m saving the best till last…
Don’t just arrange to come and talk to our staff – arrange to come and talk to our students too and find out why they have made NKC their number one choice. Our students are our best ambassadors and their success is our greatest achievement.
We look forward to meeting you and playing our part in your future.