Application Procedure for Higher Education
Applying for a Higher Education Programme
Applying for a place on one of our undergraduate Higher Education programmes could not be easier, but if you do have any queries please call us on 01322 629580.
• If you're applying for a Higher National Certificate (HNC) in General Engineering, or the UAL Level 4 Foundation Diploma in Art & Design, you can apply directly to North Kent College online here
• If you're applying for any other Higher National Certificate (HNC) you can apply by following the application process via UCAS via the UCAS website
• If you're applying for any other Foundation Degree you can apply via UCAS, simply follow the step-by-step guide below:
Browse our undergraduate Higher Education programmes. If you need any help and guidance with your choice, you can speak to one of our careers advisers, call 01322 629580 to book an appointment.
Once you've decided on the HND, Foundation Degree or BA programme that’s right for you, you will need to go to the UCAS website.
Once on the UCAS website, click on 'apply or track your application'.
Select a year option from '1 - fill in an application'
You’ll need to follow the online instructions to register for your chosen programme. The 'UCAS Code', which you can find on each of our programmes descriptors will enable you to locate the programme with UCAS.
Submit your application – an application fee will be charged, information on this fee can be found under costs on the UCAS website.
What happens next?
- UCAS will send your application to our Higher Education Information Officer
- The programme tutor will invite you in for an interview
- Based on your interview / entrance test / audition, the tutor may agree a conditional or unconditional offer
- Once an offer is made, UCAS will record it
- You can then log into UCAS to track the progress your application
- When you receive an offer from us, you will need to accept it to confirm your place
- Find our more about what happens next from our FAQ page, click here.
If you have any problems or need to ask any questions about applying for one of our programmes, please contact our Higher Education Information Officer on 01322 629580.